• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine mount insert choices / kits for ep3

Have read mixed things about alignment after fitting inserts, will I need to redo FRSU after mount inserts are fitted or not?

Have read mixed things about alignment after fitting inserts, will I need to redo FRSU after mount inserts are fitted or not?

To fit the front mount insert, you need to drop the subframe. So afterwards front camber and tracking will need adjusting.
If you fit just the rear insert you don't need to drop the subframe ect. A lot of people do this as it's less hassle and reduces the engine movement enough not to wreck aftermarket exhaust manifold flexi joints.

Just put Energy poly inserts in mine and the reduction in axle tramp is profound. The only negative is a little extra vibration on tickover. A worthwhile trade in my book.

before few day i upgrade gearbox mount with black power flex and its huge difference in shifting (before upgrade gearbox mount, it was to soft and make some small problems when shift)
i didnt notice any big difference about vibrations,little yes but come on :p
now i will order back engine mount
i hope i will be happy as when i buy gearbox mount
i use my car every day

I might look into this , have heard a little bang before at high revs but only once or twice in the last three months

For the gearbox mount do you need 2 packs of the insert s as I'm doing this and noticed that only ones comes in a pack?

Back