• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

engine mount inserts

Hi mate that's just for the front engine mount. Each mount had 2 sides to it so the set you need for front and rest engine mounts had 4 pieces. I've got these fitted on my ep3 as I have the dc sports manifold aswell and think they do the job pretty well and stop the engine moving about so much and breaking the flexi. Look on tegiwa website. They sell the front and rear mount inserts in a kit and think it was £38 if I remember rightly.

Bloody hell bet that ****ed you off. Have you got the manifold fixed now then? There not bad for £28 and if they save the exhaust breaking again then there well worth it.

yes and no, I knew that this was a common issue with the dc sport manifold but believed it wouldn't happen to me, was sort of worth it lol got a new flexi £25 just waiting for the engine inserts and a couple of other pieces to come and get it all done at once. yeah well that's it hopefully this should solve the problem, if not i'll add a torque damper.

Have you had a remap done yet?

Also, did you notice much noise increase going to a decat? What back box, mid pipe are you running?

No remap just manifold into a 5zigen exhaust an I think mid pipe not 100% sure.

It actually wasn't to bad until vtec normal driving is a slighty deeper tone but not much louder.

Considering a buddy club pro spec 3 or even a scorpion non-res exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well with my dc sports manifold and the inserts fitted I haven't had any problems yet. I had a torque damper fitted on my old Milano ep3 and they make a horrible rattle/vibrating in traffic. I got rid of it in the end. On another note my car is quite loud with the decat manifold and dc sports cat back so not to everybody's taste. Especially if your doing a long journey

Well I'm not to worries about loudness as it's more a weekend car, an tbh I'd love it to be quite loud lol
Yeah from what I've read up on the torque damper makes quite the vibration/noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if you like it loud the dc sports manifold and cat back definitely aren't quiet! Haha. I don't mind a stiff ride suspension wise and mount inserts etc but the torque damone was just annoying I found and constantly vibrated and annoyed me on idle.

hey guys i got a set of engine mounts from tegiwa for £28 :D
anyone have any tips or tricks to fit them?

Also have a transmission inserts too.
Looks easy enough to fit.

Any suggestions?

I'm getting mine fitted tomorrow. I've read everything I can find about fitting them and I've come to the conclusion that I can't be f**ked doing it myself. There's quite a lot that could go wrong if you're unlucky (snapped subframe bolts, misaligned suspension geo, that sort of thing), not things I want to happen on the driveway, so I'm getting a pro with a ramp and experience to do it for me.

The gearbox mount insert is easy to fit if you support the gearbox with a jack underneath. As you already know the engine mounts are a lot harder.

yeah the gearbox mount looks easy enough totally agree with you about the engine mounts. i might just do the same as jimbothemagnificent and get a someone else to do it. saves all the F*** and Cursing haha

should make a big diffrenct *** with the engine mount inserts, gearbox inserts and i have a engine damper tehe
saw few comments on this thread about it having too much vibration. well tbh you are bolting a piston from the engine to the chassis so there will be vibration. ive managed to set mine up pretty well do theres actally not alot of vibration only if your hovering around 4-5k revs but im not so botherd about that. it all depence on peoples tolerance to it i guess.
thanks for the advice about the engine inserts guys!

Mine went in today and I'm pretty glad I didn't do it myself on the driveway, the subframe bolts were a PITA to remove.

The vibration really isn't that bad, it's not like things shake and rattle in the cabin. It is noticeable at idle, mostly through the seats, quite pleasurable actually....
The gearshift feels better and the engine is so much happier with a bit more support. I like it. I like it lots.

Back