• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine mounts and torque dampner

Hi guys I'm getting an LSD fitted either this Friday or next and whilst doing that I'm thinking of getting some engine mounts fitted can I get gearbox mounts too? for when I get my exhaust manifold. What do people recommend for the engine mounts and gearbox mounts and do I need to get every mount done? .

Also what torque dampner to go for?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I had energy suspension engine mounts (you only get two of them in the kit) and a powerflex gearbox mount fitted while having my gearbox work done.

I had energy suspension engine mounts (you only get two of them in the kit) and a powerflex gearbox mount fitted while having my gearbox work done.
Thanks Kyzys much appreciated I hope you have a great day

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

If you don't mind extra vibrations I would recommend innovative mounts. They make everything so much tighter and stop wheel hop to help with traction problems. They do vibrate though and you get some resonance from them at constant revs such as cruising on the motorway. I use the street 60a ones which is the softest they do but if I was to do it again I would just go with the 75a ones like the civic cup guys use as they can't be much worse in there road manners

Back