• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine mounts...competition or fast road...?

Going to buy some new engine mounts tomorrow when I get paid as my mounts are completely knackered so thort I might aswell upgrade.
Thinking about getting the vibra technics ones.
But which ones would you reccomend I get? Completion or fast road.
I regularly go 1/4 miling, but I also do around 400 miles a week getting to work.

Will fast road be more then enough? Dont want me car vibrating to death.
But then I also want them solid enough for 1/4 miling.
It's an ep3 by the way.
Cheers
Paul

Just get the inserts, or replace OEM ones. Engine mounts can be a pain to deal with.

Iv broken my top driver side mount twice now with oem ones.
So that one does need replacing.
So can I get inserts for the lower mounting? Below manifold?
If you could send me a link of what I need that would be mint :)

Have a search for ESMM mate, it's what most people use. The usual traders can get them, such as TGM, AGP etc or have a look on eBay.

Ive got the Vibra-Technics Competition mounts and they are excellent. You do get some vibration through the steering wheel, but its nothing to be concerned with. Definitely worth the money IMO.

Iv bought the energy suspension lower front and rear lower gearbox inserts,
Powerflex top gearbox mounting
Vibra technics fast road diver side top mountin as this mounting needs completely replacing.

:)

hi Paul, just in case you havent made your purchase yet I also have the three Vibra Technics mounts fitted on my 52 plate EP3 and what a difference! really pleased with them, the engine tone has changed too! theyre not cheap but they are worth it.
Steve.

As above, they made a massive difference to mine. Even pulling 400+bhp.

£450 is a large slice of pie, admittedly.

Bought the vibra technics fast road top mount and the engergy suspension poly inserts.
Totally transformed the car :)
Well happy with them

I cant realy be to botherd to read all of this however i will say today i fitted my Energy mount inserts to my EP3 and i can honestly say they realy work! Im mainly fastroad use to be fairt so i cannot realy comment on how they would be competition but iv been out and had a quick blast and the differance in just everything is outstanding, no wheel hop, coming off my launch control just feels so much more stable and controlled (thats launch control not a pre limiter before anyone chav comments me ;) )
powering on through bends etc is better due to the responce and so on...i strongly recomend the inserts, my friend has a EP3 which he does track days on but to be honest his poly-filled mounts are bit to extreme for me, they literaly rattle the entire dashboard! lol But like i say, his emthasis is mainly track use

Got the ES mounts & box mount fitted as well. Minimal vibration. Only notice it on idle really. Think i'll be changing to Avid's etc at some point. (comp. car). Big recommendation for the ES ones for daily drivers though!

Back