• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine Oil Question

Hey I had my ep3 fully serviced about 5 and a half months ago, and I have since done 5k miles in it, I went to check the oil level in it and found that there was about 1 litre missing, there are no oil marks on the floor. So i poo'd my pants and topped it up. Is this normal or do I have a problem?

Many thanks
Dan

Have a look through the oil section on here. You will read some members get through 1lt every 1000 miles or less! Perfectly normal...

As above some K20's burn oil for fun 1 litre a month isn't uncommon. I check my oil once a week without fail and mine doesn't burn much, hardly any at all in fact.
I would urge you to do the same, bud. These engines are pretty much bullet proof but you must keep the oil topped up.

You either get a thirsty K20 or not. I've got a thirsty one.

Gets you into the habit of regularly checking your oil, which is never a bad thing.

My experience is that the oil used makes a difference. On 0w30 shell helix (which is semi synth) my car used a ltr in around 3k miles. After changing to 5w40 silkolene pro s (fully synth) it has burned around 200 ml in 4k miles.

Back