• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine Remap Help

Hello all,

I have a FN2 TYPE R

been quoted from a old friend £150 quid, for custom remap is +22bhp cant remember the NM

Is it worth it ?

Cheers

Kevin

Get a proper tuner to do it with the right kit, once you've changed the intake, exhaust and the manifold.

You can't get the licence to remap them for that, so for £150 I would expect you will be talking about splitting open the ECU, soldering wires onto the eprom and re-writing that.

Flashpro for example uses the OBD port and leaves the ECU intact. Plus it is often done on a dyno as a custom map, which is done according to the car and the mods.

Thanks for the info.

It currently has a K&N panel filter, was going to smooth out the housing.

Whats a decent exhaust system and manifold?

Thanks for the help.

Kevin

I am not sure how he does it. Last time i heard off him he was plugging up to the cars, downloading the cars info or something then sends it off. It gets tuned and then he uploads it or something along them lines.

That's a can of worms right there. I did my S2000 like this using my own FlashPro and paying Vit Viper. The engine didn't blow up and it certainly wasn't slow however I never looked at any of the logs so I don't know what the A/F ratio was, if it was knocking etc. It did get a bit tedious going back and forth all the while and given the choice again I'd probably just go to a reputed tuner in the UK and have it all done in a day.

Not sure where my local tuner is, i am based in st helens not too far away from Manchester. I am pretty sure there will be some in manchester.

Not sure where my local tuner is, i am based in st helens not too far away from Manchester. I am pretty sure there will be some in manchester.

TDi North in Warrington or whatever they call themselves.

Thanks for the info.

It currently has a K&N panel filter, was going to smooth out the housing.

Whats a decent exhaust system and manifold?

Thanks for the help.

Kevin

Mugen Sports Exhaust System
Mugen Exhaust Manifold

Speak with Matt @ Injection Imports

^ :lol: scene points y0!

Just go cheap and cheerful for pipes pal, japspeed 4-2-1 and a sportex centre section (aka b-pipe). Might be 1-3bhp down but for roughly a grand less.

I've never seen the point in spending big on pipes, they're all much of a muchness unless you're talking ebay china specials. But that said, if it's scene points you want then knock yourself out with Mugen, feels etc. Spread wide.

Just go cheap and cheerful for pipes pal, japspeed 4-2-1 and a sportex centre section (aka b-pipe). Might be 1-3bhp down but for roughly a grand less.

I've never seen the point in spending big on pipes, they're all much of a muchness unless you're talking ebay china specials. But that said, if it's scene points you want then knock yourself out with Mugen, feels etc. Spread wide.

Haha, yes i was thinking mugen stuff is very expensive. My plan is just to give it a mugen spoiler it will stand out a little more then a decent exhaust system and manifold don't want to spend a fortune or she will nag lol.

Change the manifold and decat it, put on a larger B pipe and keep the standard back box.

I'll disagree to a point. A cheap exhaust won't fit correctly and won't last long.
However, a company such as solid fabrications or any reputable exhaust fabricator, will make you a custom exhaust that will be far better than any mass produced system for less money.

will be far better than any mass produced system for less money.
That's not true, a lot of the top end kit has had real R&D put in into it, with complex flow control calculations and dyno/track testing, rather than welding some mandrel bent pipe that fits.

Back