• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

engine swap accord type r motor into my ep3 type r

hi has any one done this swap and is it an easy thing to do ? as my crank has gone in my bottom end on my civic ep3 type r and i can not find another one any were . so want to do an engine swap . if not then i am going to have to sell my car with a broken motor :mad: if any one has any advice tht would be great thanks .

i have tried ebay for a k20 but they cost alot of money so i was going to try a different way around it and plus the accord motor has got abit more bhp .

i have tried ebay for a k20 but they cost alot of money so i was going to try a different way around it and plus the accord motor has got abit more bhp .

But the k20 is a better engine and far far far far far easier to tune. The 212bhp or whatever out of an h22a7 is about as much as you will realistically get without going crazy

It'll probably cost more for the H22 and then the conversion to get it to work in an EP3 than a straight K20a2 swap would. Also to find a good, decent mileage H22 would be very difficult.

Agree with the above, H22a7 is pretty hard to get big power out. I know Richy at PA is a H series nut and he's managed to get 275 i think out of his but thats taken a lot of work..
Have you tried Mike and Kris at R-Motion for a replacement motor? They almost always have a K20 knocking around..

Agree with the above, H22a7 is pretty hard to get big power out. I know Richy at PA is a H series nut and he's managed to get 275 i think out of his but thats taken a lot of work..
Have you tried Mike and Kris at R-Motion for a replacement motor? They almost always have a K20 knocking around..

R-Motion would be my first place to call to.

Back