• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine temperature

Not sure if this is the right area but please move if not.

The trouble seems to be on track days the ATR don't seem to keep cool, I am using the recommended coolant from Honda, not leaking, bled properly, just after, well a hard session out on track about 7-8 laps in the temperature starts heading north.

I do not have any temperature related issues off the track, even during the hot summer days in traffic it's good as gold just on track.

I have just brought some new mishimoto fans to install so going from the old 5 blade to 10 blade curved pull, and will be wiring in a seperate switch so I can manually turn them on before heading on track as well to try and over come this.

Is there any other suggestions on what I could do with out spending a fortune (only part time track toy). I was told the radiators are quite thin in comparison but wondered if other ATR drivers suffered the same.
Cheer
s

admittedly its not proper track use but was using my ATR for drag racing today...never went above half way. even after 4 straight runs and sitting in traffic waiting to go (it was only 1/8th mile but still fairly hard use).

Could be the head gasket on the way out.

Surely if the head gasket was on way out It would be showing other signs like using water/milky substance under oil cap/ over heating more frequently which none of these the car is doing/showing or am I missing something??

thanks for the feedback but in relation it is quite at home with general abuse just seems to happen on track after about 15 mins of really hard driving....

will have to keep an eye on it me thinks

Back