• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine Whirring/Squeeling (read on...)

Dynax

The Babysitter
Not really a problem, and im sure its normal, however...

When i start my car cold, theres belts/pulleys on the right hand side of the engine make an annoying noise as they spin. Ive been told their fine, not loose etc, but its just an annoying noise i dont like.

Anything i can do to stop it? Want it to sound nice when it idles :cool:

Just want to stress its not a problem, just something i'd like to try and change :)

What i have done in the past is to spray a very small amount of WD40 onto the best while the engine is running (watch your eyes) and this cures it perminantly but last time i posted that i got shot down cos apparently it'll make the belts slip blah blah blah, it worked for me on my CTR and i would do it again. Your call :eek:

Might try a little bit :lol:

Its not a problem, just annoying as it sounds abit unhealthy on cold mornings, its embarrasing when people look due to the spoon idling high only to hear 'whirry' noises.

Anyone know why it does this? Are they slack? Might ask tom next time im at TGM

cheers neily

Pobs just a bit of wear on the belt so its slipping ever so slightly, or could even be the starter motor squeeking a bit

Back