• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 2002 Alarm Instructions / no Flash on Arm-Disarm

Hi all,

I have used search but cannot find what I am after, does anyone have a pdf copy of the prefacelift alarm instructions ?

The issue I am having is that when I lock or unlock the car I get no indicator flashes.

The alarm does seem to work ok and the sounder makes all the right noises when you try and lock it with a door open etc.

Its almost like someone has disabled the indicator flash somehow, does anyone have any thoughts ? Hazards and indicators all work fine on their own, just not with the alarm.

Thanks in advance.

Have you checked all the door, bonnet and boot contacts? The car will lock but not arm the alarm on the fob if it thinks something is open.

It could always just be a fault on the alarm.

Deffo not that mate as if it thinks something is open it beeps at you when you try and arm it to let you know its locked but not armed. Mine locks and arms perfectly but just doesnt flash to let you know you have pressed the button which is really annoying !
LOL

Further update, I had a better look at this and i can actually hear the relay clicking to activate the light flashes so I assume a wire has come off or been disconnected somewhere under the dash.

Does anyone know where the flasher relay for the alarm is located to save me having to hunt for it ?

Further update:

After speaking with one of the Hamilton Palmer tech guys we believe it is one of the independant alarm fuses that have blown. Apparently there is a fuse on the indicator line to prevent people from shorting out the alarm by applying a voltage spike to the indicator bulb socket in a theft attempt. If this fuse blows everything works as it should but you wont get the arm/disarm flash.

He has talked me through where to find the hidden fuse and once I check it at lunch time I will let you all know the results so that if anyone else has this issue they will be able to fix it :)

Well, I found the fuses and they all appear to be ok from looking at them, however I will be checking them with my multimeter tomorrow just to be certain. if its not a blown fuse I will need to trace back the wiring to the interface with the indicator circuit and check for breaks or bad connections :-( JOY !

I had the same problem with my EP3. Found out it was in valet mode. Insert the key and remove it completely 3 times quickly. Done

Back