• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 ABS light on every now and then.

Hey guys, I'm new here but thought this would be the best place to ask.
Just picked up a 2003 EP3. Was told the ABS Light can have a mind of it's own.
Sometimes when I start the car, it'll go through it's normal start up sequence then go out like it should, other times it stays on.
Sometimes if I turn the car off then back on it'll go out too, but then again sometimes not.
Anyone care to shed any light on this? Or a method of solving it? Thanks in advance guys.

I have the same problem but i only have myself to blame! got this mad idea to power hose under the arches and must have damaged the sensor. Like yours mine comes on every now and then but its been off the past two weeks so hopefully i just lodged/dislodged a bit of debris near the sensor and its clearing with time. Eitherway im getting it checked next service as i had abs kick in for no reason at all whilst slowly pulling up to a junction :eek:

Who ever told you that was talking rubbish, there's clearly a problem.

I know there is obviously something wrong somewhere, but if it's coming on and off surely it's not a permanent fault and it's got a bit of a mind of it's own.

Also, jumping terminals 4&9 on the DLC doesn't make the light blink. From what I can see, terminal 9 doesn't even have a metal connector in it, it's just a blank terminal.

I know this is resurrecting a thread from the dead but probably better than starting a fresh one. My ABS Light has been on for a while now. I know the ABS works so have ignored it until now. Its due a service on Friday and I have notified the Garage that the ABS light is on. I will let you know what they find.

Put the car into Honda for a check up and they determined that the Passenger side ABS sensor had failed. A new sensor was £156. After fitting it which was a fairly straight forward task, the light has gone out. Happy days

Mines doing exactly the same at the minute, lights been on about a month now but abs is working fine but front brake pads are quite low so it's getting left for now lol

Back