• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 acceleration issue

hi

my EP3 seems to have developed a problem , in first and second gear when accelerating (sometimes third) , when it gets around 2000rpm - 2500 rpm it feels like there is a sort of flat spot there, for example if I pull away as soon as it hits 2000rpm-2500rpm I get nothing for about a second, then it goes on as normal, it doesn't do it all the time just now and then ,
hard to put in words so if you need more info please ask:)

any ideas what it could be ??

Youve gotta clear the obvious like last time filters plugs were changed etc and is only since filling up the tank. Try running fuel cleaners too. Swap petrol stations as mad as it seems too

There are quite a few threads about very similar issues and there isn't a definitive fix and no real answer as to why it does it.

Most people who mention it have just fitted an aftermarket b-pipe but people with standard cars have it too. Maybe it's just more pronounced with a different b-pipe.

A remap usually sorts it, but that might be more than you're willing to spend. V-power or similar Super Unleaded has helped some.

I have the same problem, the car hesitates and then drives on normally. From my own research people had fixed it by changing the throttle cable, I havent go around to doing this yet but its a cheap option to try.

I have this on mine and i had it on my pre face aswell
you learn to live with it. I think its the exhaust that does it
My lambda sensor went and after replacing it was almost spot on
i have always thought it was to do with the fuel system, but it seems to be common so i live with it

Back