• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 EP3 aftermarket exhausts, induction kits, whats good and cheapish?

Hi guys, few years away from the scene and I've just picked up a cheap but pretty damn decent Milano red EP3 for a bit of fun :) It's standard and I fancy adding a bit of noise.

I want to get an induction kit, when I had my last one I kept the standard airbox but was looking at AEM V2's, are these still a good choice or will a K&N typhoon do much the same job? I understand heatsoak etc and could run some ducting up to it, but don't fancy chopping the plastic windscreen panel up for a Tegiwa groupe M copy.

Exhausts, I like the look and sound of the Spoon M1 silenced B pipe copies, M2 seem to be the current make? Any good sources for these?

Generally where's best to buy simple mods these days?

Correct on the M2 exhausts. Pretty decent quality from what has been seen, but don't expect them to last 15 years like a genuine one!

I totally get where you are coming from with the intake. Neither solution is ideal, but if you are only going for noise then you'll not be disappointed with the V2. K&N one isn't too good by all accounts, at least some thought has gone into the AEM design.

I have the AEM V2 on mine and I like it, lots of noise and can't say the heatsoak has ever bothered me - not usually looking to bolt off sat in traffic in any case. I am swapping to the Tegiwa M soon though but I swapped my scuttle panel with the guy I bought it off.

Thanks guys, I'll have to keep a look out for a second hand V2. I have a K&N cleaning/oiling kit somewhere, would imagine I'd be OK to use this to clean the filter should I go second hand?

I'll have a scout about for the exhausts as I am off today, they do sound nice with a silenced B pipe, way too loud without! :)

There was a v1 on the for sale section last week for £100, not sure if it's still there or not?

That's a legit system though, no heat soak.

I just don't fancy anything which can soak up water, more hassle than it's worth for me.

Ordered an M2 back box, Spoon M1 rep :) So we will see how that goes, I may add the centre section (silenced) at a later date but the car I've just bought had a new cat and centre section not long back, looks pretty new so no rush to change that when cat backs don't really add power anyway.

You literally have to submerge the thing. I ran a V1 for over 100k miles in the UK, not a single issue.

Just a heads up, my V2 will be on the for sale as soon as I get round to putting my Teg M in

I used to have a short ram kit on mine... if anything it made it slower, went back to oem for a bit, have now fitted a long arm aem kit (sits behind the bumper) and it pulls loads better and sounds lovely... have driven it in the ****ing rain and not had any issues !! for performance fit aem long arm m8.

As for exhaust it depends how loud you want it... looking at a hks hipower myself as I think the m2's are too loud/farty like a Vauxhall nova but they are cheap.

That's like a 5th of what I paid for the car so as tempting as it is I would have to pass lol :) Thanks though :)

Get a 2nd hand aem cai (v1) fit a decent aftermarket catback and pop on a Cpl reflashed ecu (hondata with base map on it) the car will definately perform better remap will lower vtec and raise rev limit.

That's my plan anyhow.. I found an aem cai on ebay for under £90 and it has definitely improved the performance over oem airbox and short ram kit (aem v2)

I know some people disagree with the Cpl reflash but if your only going intake/exhaust it will be fine plus can also be remapped at a later date if more mods are added as it is a k100 hondata base map 4 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aem v2 is the short ram kit that sits in the engine bay... will do naff all for power but will sound nice! the aem v1 / aem cai is the kit that sites the filter in the wheelarch behind the foglight/cover this kit will and does improve the cars performance, I went from a v2 style kit to the aem cai and noticed a difference straight away plus they sound great !!

P.s - I got my aem cai off ebay 2nd hand for £90 so theres still bargains to be had !

Back in a JDM now but don't have the cash to blow on the best of the best mods like the good old days.

Subscribing for reference.

Quite a bit ago I fitted an M2 Cat Back in the end, silenced B pipe (initially only got the backbox but didn't fit well with a pattern centre section which was on the car so swapped it out for the matching M2 silenced centre), sounds nothing like an unsilenced system. Loud on song, not raspy at all like the hornets and non silenced systems, just race car - a bit bassy, sporty and sounds like a motorbike at the top of the revs :)

It's in for lowering and camber bits next week, new bushes, ball joints etc. I've spent a small fortune on maintenance, everything has been done from the pollen filter to a new chain/tensioner. Paid £2350 for the car as a cheap runaround........and will have receipts for the same again in a week, I only bought it at the end of August! One unhappy missus haha

Are you happy with the quality of the M2 Motorsports b pipe? I'm thinking about replacing my original b pipe but keeping the original back box as I like the twin exhaust.

Back