• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 air con issue, Cam seal leak and o2 sensor issue - Has my car lost power?

UPDATE: AIR CON: After finally getting round to having the air con re-gassed with dye, the system has a leak! And thankfully it's the condenser which seems to be a common issue I have found while searching the web.

Debating whether to fit the new one I have ordered myself or get the garage I went to to fit the part for £100 (seen other post's on this forum and it looks straight forward and could save me some money). All in all the air con fix will set me back about £200 (re-gas again, condenser fitted and the condenser itself) which doesn't seem that bad when I thought it was something more serious.

Today was quite muggy which makes me realize air con is a godsend and gutted I never got it done last year!

Mine cost me around £200 to sort as well, I needed a new condenser and one of the pipes was also replaces.

Was it the low pressure pipe by any chance? Just tried changing the condenser this evening, everything went fine apart from getting the nut off the lower pipe(took over an hour - fiddly as hell!). The lower pipe sheered too when I tried to pull the pipe free(small part of connection on pipe stuck in old condenser), the higher pipe came out simple so need a new low pipe as it seemed seized to the condenser or my removal technique was garbage.

Anyway - the condenser change is straight forward enough for those who might try it in the future(am no mechanic but am willing to give the basics a go) and if it goes as it should, the whole process is less than an hour I reckon.

Waiting on a reply from Paul at Hendy for the part price or £54 from Honda parts on-line and ordered some 8mm o rings from ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: After getting a re-gas today, all seems fine with the air con, no leaks or sounds of leaks detected so made up :). Next job is my service from TDI North after having the full whack last year then it's sorting the bad paint repair (do not use Quicker repairs Kirkby for people in Liverpool) for the bumper. Then it's sort my center console, respray it or wrap.

This forum has been extremely helpful and if anyone needs help with their condenser in Liverpool area I will gladly help if they need some assistance.

fukn ell, a last post - paid nearly 6ton to get a service from tdi north back then, learned alot since ***, parts cost about 50 quid max! and I should have done the service meself! They do say older and wiser! And you don't have to be a mechanic, it's easy work, just youtube or google it. Lost a a holiday there me, Grrr

Back