• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Alignment

Morning
I had my alignment done on my car a about 2 weeks ago cause when driving in a straight line the steering wheel was off center. came from there and the car was still the same. so when back the other day and they had the car up on the ramp with the equipment and went through it all with me that everything was a straight and they cant see why it would be out. they started listing things that may be causing it. top mount. bushes, sub frame, tyres. I have got a slight knock now and then from the front drivers side, but cant see how this would affect it my self. just wondering if anybody on here has had a similar issue on their EP3.
Many thanks
Lucas

I've heard of the wheel being put back on off centre, so when the steering rack tries to centre the wheel isn't straight. The rack and the alignment are then in conflict as the alignment is done to the steering wheel and not the rack.

Just going back to basics, they are doing the alignment with the steering wheel straight in the first place aren't they?!

Are they just adjusting the track? If the camber or castor isn't even on both sides it can cause pulling.
Other things such as worn bushes, uneven wear on the tyres can also contribute.

They've done tracking I'd say, but rears are out. So car is steering straight, but the rear toe is pushing you off straight which needs you to correct it with the wheel.

Get it on a proper 4 wheel alignment.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

If you haven't already, get it on a proper 4 wheel align e.g. Hunter and they can get the toe, camber, caster all correct so its properly tracked and dead straight.

Back