• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 all 4 cylinders mis firing

i was driving as usual and all of sudden the car started feeling different, i stopped and notced thats its mis firing. I went to garage and connected the eqipment and it read all 4 cylinders mis firing. what can be the cause?
i have DC 421 mani with straight through exhaust and gruppe M. It was running all normal for past 4 months since i fitted dc mani.
please help guys

Plugs?

Has the car been remapped?

If it hasn't my money is on the engine has been running hot because it is fuelling lean because of the decat, and the plugs are burnt out.

reading_spark_plugs.jpg

Failing plugs, coil packs, but since there is a pack per cylinder I wouldn't think they'd all go at once.

Possible chain has jumped, but that would likely throw an error code of its own.

i checked the plugs and they are all ok.I was running really low on fuel. may be injectors collected dirt? im all confused

That's a myth bud about running low on fuel and sucking up dirt. The fuel filter stops any dirt and why would it not have sunk to the bottom of the tank and been sucked up earlier?

Try the old ECU reset and see if it goes away. Always a good first thing to try.

I will do that 1st thing tomorrow.My mate in garage did erase the EML as it was blinking on the dash(symptom=miss firing)

Back