• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 boot handle very stiff

Yesterday i went to open the boot of my EP3 and the handle would hardly move and when it did move enough to open the boot it was a struggle to push it back so the latch would catch when i shut it.

The handle has been acting up for a while now and i have been having to push the handle back when i opened the boot but as it was quite free and loose it was not a problem. Now it seems something is binding inside as it only moves a centimeter at best. There should be a spring inside the handle so i think mine is kaput!

I take it the only way to access the handle is to remove all of the plastic trim inside?

Yea I would try some wd first. I've had two civics and both the handles where like yours, mines like it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will give the wd40 a go tomorrow but knowing my luck i will have to strip out the inner trim to rectify the problem.

Doesnt look too hard to strip it though so shouldnt be too bad.
Get WD40 with the straw so you can get it right in there.

Blowing a bloody gale today so didn't get the chance to look at the problem. Maybe tomorrow.

I have plenty of WD40 and silicone grease on hand so hopefully i can sort it with them.

Back