• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 EP3 - Boot lid Replacment

Hi All,

did a search but couldn't really find anything. Boot on my Ep3 is in a sorry state, the steel around the hinge has ripped and the hinge itself been bent out of shape, the boot now sits about an inch higher on side than the other when the boot is closed. it looks horrific, its like someone has tried to pry the boot open from the top! because the the height different the spoiler is now slightly bent as it rubs on the roof as it opens. to cut a long story short im going to purchase a new boot and spoiler and fit it myself. seems easy enough according to some youtube videos.

i do have some queries. in the video i watched the electronics where taken from the old boot and put into the new one, why? i assume it would just plug into some form of socket and the lock just work like the old one, in the video some form of anti theft wire is also cut but it doesn't show it, i dont like the thought of cutting wires and then somehow reconnecting them.

if anyone has does this sort of job before could they shed some light on this? i have no experience working on car electronics and would prefer to not muck about with it and just bolt on a new lid.

Thanks!

Back