• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Boot / Number Plate Bulb Replacement...

Hey guys,

1. Are the bulbs in the boot lamps 501's like the side lights on the EP3?
2. How do you go about changing them? Any picture guides or advice?

Thanks.

1. Yes

2. push the plastic cover outwards and you should get access to the bulb, you may need a bit of force.. i did anyway.

I've done mine. changed them to White LEDs. They where a bit of a pian to get the bulb cover off I had to use a fair bit of force. Some tool had used sticky foam to lock them in place. Theyre not that bright with the LEDs in though because the lenses are cloudy.

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know if you can get clear lenses? changed the blubs, which look great without the lenses but as soon as i put on the cloudy lens then it doesnt look as good

Could somebody possibly help me with replacing the sidelight bulbs. I've bought some bulbs from eBay, but can't see any way to fit them. The seller says they're just 'plug and play'.
Thanks in advance

Could somebody possibly help me with replacing the sidelight bulbs. I've bought some bulbs from eBay, but can't see any way to fit them. The seller says they're just 'plug and play'.
Thanks in advance

What do you mean mate? All bulbs are plug and play.

Do you mean how do you get to the sidelights? If so then you got to go to the wheel arch and theres a plastic lining with clips on. You just need to get a flathead screwdriver and gently pop them out then 'peel' the lining back and get your hand in there and to feel around an get the sidelight bulb out.

Its real easy mate bit of common sense and your be sound.

Cheers for the reply....although it seems I've posted on the wrong thread.
Im trying to replace the sidelights on my FN2 with LED Bulbs bought from eBay. There's no metal cradle supplied with the bulbs to plug in....
Apologies

Back