• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Brake Kit Options

Hi Guys, I am looking into getting a BBK for my EP3. I'm doing more and more trackdays and looking to enter a few sprints next year so I feel the upgrade would be worthwhile.

My current set-up is standard disks all round, Ferodo DS2500 pads at the front, TGM Brake Lines, and uprated brake fluid.

I am trying to decide between Stoptech, AP Racing or TGM's Brembo conversion. Mainly considering either Stoptech or Brembo at the moment and the price is pretty much identical between the two so I'm not sure which would be a better buy. From speaking to Tom his are the only ones out of these that would fit under the OEM wheels.

AP Racing are the most expensive by far and I'm thinking these would be a bit over the top for my needs?

Has anyone had any experience of these on an EP3? Any feedback would be great. Thanks

Your in the same dilemma I've been in for ages so I've just dropped mine off at TGM for the Stoptech BBK as they will fit under the standard wheels. Also the running costs with the stoptechs are slightly lower ( ie price of replacement discs , pads etc. ) hence why I went with them.
Also the fact there are loads of pad choices for them as well , anything from Ferodo DS2500's all the way up to CL RC5+ etc.

Been in several CTR's with stoptech on them and a couple of our lads on H.O.T run them and there more than happy with there performance.

HTHT

Hope this helps.

Thanks mate that's a great help. I didn't realise the Stoptech kit would also fit under the standard wheels and that makes sense in regards to the running costs.

I take it you went for the 328mm 4 pot kit?

Would be good to hear how you find them once you have had them on for a bit. I'm going to be at Brands in December with HOT so will come a have a look/chat if you don't mind.

I've heard so many mixed story's with the Stoptech's some say they fit under OEM wheels, and some say you need a 5mm spacer.

Anybody know the disc size on the TGM brembo kit over the Stoptech?

Colin, yes went for the 328mm 4 pot BBK stoptech.
Will take a picture tommrow as should be picking it up tonight ( fingers crossed I get out of work in time ! ).
I'm running a 3mm spacer just to give it extra clearence.
Pop over in Dec at Brands HOT day and I'll take you out for some pax laps if you want.
Look forward to meeting you.

Colin, yes went for the 328mm 4 pot BBK stoptech.
Will take a picture tommrow as should be picking it up tonight ( fingers crossed I get out of work in time ! ).
I'm running a 3mm spacer just to give it extra clearence.
Pop over in Dec at Brands HOT day and I'll take you out for some pax laps if you want.
Look forward to meeting you.

Thanks Mate, that would be great and very generous of you. See you in December.

THERE HERE !!!

Well picked the car up yesterday and must say am very happy with the new Stoptech Big Brake kit and 2 piece / floating bigger disks.
It's a tight squeeze under there , I personally would not be happy without a little bit more room so used the 3mm spacers to give it a bit more clearance otherwise I think it would be to tight giving that when the caliper gets hot it will expand etc.

Pics below.

STopIMAG1470.jpg

W-IMAG1471.jpg

Fin-IMAG1473.jpg

Now to get off to Germany at the Ring this weekend for some testing of above bits.
Should be a good weekend. :thumbup: :smirk:

Just an update.
Back from The Ring.
I can report that the brakes are fantastic !
No fade, no warping / wobbling , they behaved faultlessly. Done 4 laps back to back and they were just as good on the last lap as the first. Very happy with them. Also tested them a little from 150mph to 80mph courtesy of a **** pulling out on me during my autobahn 'play' despite having my lights on and indicator as well.
I'm using DS2500 pads, seem very good so far with this caliper and discs also do seem to dissipate heat better .

Just going to wait until next week and get some money in and I'll be booking Oulton park with HOT as I've now got the confidence to brake later KNOWING that they will work OK.
I'm a very happy bunny
yes.gif
vtec.gif
thumbup.gif

Just for info, if Jason didnt manage to kill these, they are a pretty good bet :lol:

Back