• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Brake pads upgrade. DS2500 or PBS brake pads for the Nurburgring?

DS2500 are not that good. Spend your money on Project Mu HC800 or even some Pagid RS pads. There was an issue with some PBS pads with the material apart, may be with checking with Area.

Thanks for the recommendation on the HC800 pads Chris. After some research these seam to be a very good alternative.
I had already asked Area motorsport about the PBS pads (vs. DS2500), their answer was short and clear: "PBS are far superior."

But it's always good to hear multiple opinions I find.
Could you maybe link me to info about the PBS pads material falling apart?

Sorry I can't link, it was kevin85 who had issues with them on track, he's switched to Pagid RS29 like me now.

Cheers!

I actually have experienced the power of the Pagid RS29 (+spoon calipers) in a friends AP1 on the ring before and know that they performed very well.
But as a beginner nordschleife driver I don't see myself going as fast for my first season so they would be a bit overkill at this point.

[video=youtube_share;MO02HxCeCHc]https://youtu.be/MO02HxCeCHc?t=1m51s[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you can go wrong with the Project Mu's for starting out.

Apologies to Hi-Jack the thread, but what are your thoughts on the NS400 pads, are they better than OEM as stated? I will be doing the occasional track day.

My DS2500's are at the end of their life, seem to have done okay, 18 months, about 18000miles and saw the track twice or three times (obviously not driving fast enough!). Front discs have ended up with heat spots on them though.

Wanting to try a different pad and keep seeing Project Mu crop up.

Apologies to Hi-Jack the thread, but what are your thoughts on the NS400 pads, are they better than OEM as stated? I will be doing the occasional track day.

Fine for rear but wouldn't want to use them on track on the front for longer than a few sessions.

I have the Project Mu HC800's on the fronts, haven't done any track driving on them yet but they came up at a good price and I wanted something with a good bite. My cars driven on road so cant really comment on how they'd perform on track but they are a really good pad, for the money right up there with the DS2500 if not better.

I have the Project Mu HC800's on the fronts, haven't done any track driving on them yet but they came up at a good price and I wanted something with a good bite. My cars driven on road so cant really comment on how they'd perform on track but they are a really good pad, for the money right up there with the DS2500 if not better.

I agree I have Project MU pads on the front of my ep3 and in my opion preform really good.

A lot of the time it's down to personal preference and driving style/ability to which pads work best.
I used DS2500 once. They were a good fast road pad, but I struggled with them on track with fade. But there's others that get on fine with that pad.
It can be trail and error finding what works best. You might end up going through 2-3 sets of discs and pads before finding what works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back