• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Brakes Setup Recommendation.

Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my brakes, as they will be on their way out soon. Not looking to spend alot as it will be for road use 95% of the time. The options I have in mind is:

Brake Pads: Cosworth Streetmaster, Project MU NS400 or Ferodo DS2500.
Disc Brakes: OEM Honda, RPB (Grooved), Stoptech (Grooved)
Brake Lines: HEL, Goodridge, RPB
Brake Fluid: Motul RBF 600

What would you recommend? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Replace with OEM pads? Also how would I know if my Discs are OEM? Would OEM setup be fine for harsh braking at times?

OEM discs and pads are cheap as chips from Euro Car Parts etc. Unless you're going to do a track day or two in a year and you consistently brake hard from 70+ mph then OEM are just fine.

It's not like people ended up crashing EP3's when they were new due to poor brakes.

Pagid discs from ECP were quite reasonable imho, they're also surface treated so that the edges don't end up a rusty mess as quickly as others which is always nice. The only time I've had issues with discs was when driving late at light on an unlit b-road and saw a washout in the road ahead, planted boot on the brakes and hit the water just before I stopped, instant disc-warp :(

OEM discs and pads are cheap as chips from Euro Car Parts etc. Unless you're going to do a track day or two in a year and you consistently brake hard from 70+ mph then OEM are just fine.

It's not like people ended up crashing EP3's when they were new due to poor brakes.

Makes sense Chris. But ECP do not sell OEM, they only have eicher, PAGID and Brembo ones.

Pagid discs from ECP were quite reasonable imho, they're also surface treated so that the edges don't end up a rusty mess as quickly as others which is always nice. The only time I've had issues with discs was when driving late at light on an unlit b-road and saw a washout in the road ahead, planted boot on the brakes and hit the water just before I stopped, instant disc-warp :(

Ive used PAGID discs and pads before, but on a less powerful car. But the rusty mess is also something to think about. Uh Oh, thats not good.

I have OE Brembo discs and DS2500, will use the same OE discs again but changing for a different pad.

Back