• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Broken rear brake light issue? Need advice. PICS

Had my ep3 a couple of months now, and its been pretty sweet,
However within the first week of having it,
the passenger side rear brake light bulb has some how broken out of the taillight unit and is now rolling round within the car somewhere :mad:
IMG_2130.jpg

Now i know, its going to be damn near impossible to get it out, but i want to a tleast fix the rear light. So i can have a functioning taillight
I've opened the panel in the back to try and locate it but found nothing, cant even find the wire that would have connected to it nevermind
the actual bulb and its holder

So i bought a replacement taillight only to find this when it arrived.
IMG_2132.jpg

THERE ISN'T EVEN A HOLE OR A HOLDER FOR THE BULB DO GO INTO??

Really don't understand how that works tbh, surely i dont have to cut a hole out of the back myself?

Also noticed on the opposite headlight, there seems to be loads of extra wire coming from that bulb.

Any advice and help appreciated, im puzzled!
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
It does have 3 brake lights. The top bulb for side and brake, middle two reverse and indicator, bottom fog or blank.

Looking at the first pic it should be a blank not fog. The only fog should be on the drivers side and a blank on the passenger side.

Maybe its a set from a european car?

Back