• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ep3 buddy club cat back too loud!

hi all :)

won this on ebay a couple of weeks back for £186 (which i thought was a bargin!)?
$_12.JPG

its had some work done to it to raise the centre section a bit, and put more of a angle on the back box.
well i got round to fitting it the other week-end and damm its loud! even with the bung in the back box its still loud.
so my question is any ideas on how to quieten it down a bit? a better more efficient silencer fitted to the centre piece? i really like the look of the back box and dont want to change it, but got my first 2 track days booked this year and im worried it will be too loud.

any advice will be muchly appreciated.

thanks

It's too loud sell it to me kidding. This was the same one I was looking at on eBay. The bigger the bore the harder to control the noise so iv been told. Nothin you can do with it. You could maybe add another silencer if there's enough space. Or cut the silencers open get them repacked. I would probably sell it on.

Well I may end up selling soon! I'm getting it mapped soon and wanted something with bigger bore than 2.5" and something that wasn't going to scrape. Been quoted about £250 to get another silencer fitted -.- think I might just go for the tegiwa cat back to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I may end up selling soon! I'm getting it mapped soon and wanted something with bigger bore than 2.5" and something that wasn't going to scrape. Been quoted about £250 to get another silencer fitted -.- think I might just go for the tegiwa cat back to be honest.

as for the noise, not much you can do about it as the baffles are very small, I had the same issue with my old skunk2 exhaust system and they are a little louder than the buddyclub systems!

i ended up buying a tegiwa system and wasn't too happy with the results, although the exhaust was very quiet and I really liked that. I decided to go for a tdi north 3inch system and again this is very quiet but also performs very well, see pic below of my car, the dotted line is my car with a tegiwa system and the solid line is the tdi north 3inch system, I gained 15ish bop across the whole Rev range and loads more torque, I couldn't rate them higher. They also do not sit low or scrape anywhere.

gains from only changing exhaust

20141202_210823_zpscx5rwex9.jpg

Well this has changed my opinion, as I just need to find a exhaust I'm happy with before I get it mapped!

I picked the buddy club because it's 2 3/4" bore would be better for power, but I would never get on a track with it

I have looked at them, but thought £700 was a big step up from £450 for the tegiwa. I'll have to have a think, but the TDI does keep cropping up!

Well this has changed my opinion, as I just need to find a exhaust I'm happy with before I get it mapped!

I picked the buddy club because it's 2 3/4" bore would be better for power, but I would never get on a track with it

I have looked at them, but thought £700 was a big step up from £450 for the tegiwa. I'll have to have a think, but the TDI does keep cropping up!

i know what you mean about the extra cost and I took a little convincing, however after having one I can 100% recommend them, they are great value for money.

tdi north also did me a deal on the fitting etc too which helped out.

It does make sense to me, if your going to do it, might as well do it right the first time round. And they quoted me £700 fitted? They will be mapping it aswell.

I would definately go for it, then if you decide to do more mods the exhaust will me more than capable for anything you do

Well, so far I've got a teg M induction kit, japspeed 4-2-1 mani/decat. 70mm TB, RBC intake mani which has been port matched with the TB. and a k100. Just need to find a exhaust I'm happy with before getting it all fitted and mapped!

Well, so far I've got a teg M induction kit, japspeed 4-2-1 mani/decat. 70mm TB, RBC intake mani which has been port matched with the TB. and a k100. Just need to find a exhaust I'm happy with before getting it all fitted and mapped!

nice set up

Back