• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Bushes - Poly or OEM?

Since taking my EP3 around Oulton Park last month I have noticed a squeak from the front N/S wheel when I go over speed bumps. I have taken the wheel off and tried to identify the problem and I think it is coming from the Control Arm Bushes (or the driveshaft). Probably worth changing them anyway so the question is do I replace with OEM bushes or Power Flex?

It depends on how much you use it as a road car. Polybushes vastly improve the responsiveness and stability in direction changes in my experience, but do add vibration. It's a trade off.

I bought it last April with 82K on the clock, she will turn 102K over Easter. Not bad for an old girl! I have a track day booked in May and would like to do another couple this year. I think I will order a set of polybushes this week. Do you know why Energy Suspension bushes are so much cheaper than the other main brands?

On the track car we tore both of the lower arm bushes on the front, managed to get a pair of lower arms with polybushes already fitted so we swapped the arms over, they do squeak though and are a little more difficult to get back on.

I've recently fitted a full SuperPro kit to my own EP3.

Not major additional NVH at all.

Improved responsiveness all round!

SuperPro caster increase bushes are the ones to upgrade to.
Only downside is they may squeak from time to time, no matter how much grease you smother on them.
You'll need to recheck and adjust the front geometry after.

Back