• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Caliper swap..

Can anyone help please, I've recently gone to change my rear pads and found that my near side Caliper was completely knackered, I've got a second hand replacement pair and trying to decide whether to have a go at swapping them myself or to leave it to the professionals. Can turn my hand to most things but just a little concerned incase I come across any problems... Does anyone have any detailed instructions?, followed some off here to do my front pads and they were spot on? All help is greatly appreciated..

If you're not sure get a professional to do the job. It shouldn't be a costly job, a decent independent will probably charge £60ish to do the job. This way you know it's right, plus they'll have the equipment to wind the calipers back and should have the know how to set your handbrake up correctly as well.

Good call. Was just seeing what the majority reply was. If folks said it would be an easy job I would have a go at it myself.

It is an easy enough job to do but if you're not sure and also if you come across any unexpected issues you could find you're stuck without the car.

Probably best to let the professionals do it if you're not sure. not that it's a particularly hard job. I'm sure thier are guides out there so you make make up your own mind.

Me and my dad attempted to do the brakes on my last car (an EP2) and failed.. Lol. We ended up having to nurce the car to a garage because it needed a pressure bleeder.

Hint, make sure you do one wheel at a time!

Thanks for the advice lads, that's settled it, it's booked in Monday with a friend of mine, feel confident I could do it but like everyone has been saying if I come across any problems I'm gonna be stuck, also had a word Him and he's agreed to let me check out how it's done so hopefully if I get similar problems in the future I can have a crack. Thanks for all ya help folks, keep ya posted on how it goes

Fit then yourself, if your half mechanically minded it's a very east swap, 20 minuets maximum !

Back