• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 car alarm

Just been thinking, as i posted on monday soemone hit my car whilst it was parked but my alarm didn't do off or anything. What does it take to set these alarms off ?

You're lucky, well, maybe not if the cars been hit!. Mine goes off all the time if i use the key fob to lock it. Have to use the key every time.

You're lucky, well, maybe not if the cars been hit!. Mine goes off all the time if i use the key fob to lock it. Have to use the key every time.

That means there's a problem with the ultra sonic sensors. What year is it? There is a know issue with these for cars built around 2003-2004....

not lucky if the alarm isn't working and someone breaks into the car and it fails to sound, was wondering if their was something (without damaging the car) that i could do to set the alarm off to test its working ok.

not lucky if the alarm isn't working and someone breaks into the car and it fails to sound, was wondering if their was something (without damaging the car) that i could do to set the alarm off to test its working ok.

Lock it with the remote while you're inside, keep still for 30 seconds the wave about. That'll tell you whether the ultrasonics are working inside.

Lock it from the outside with the remote then unlock and open the door with the key, the alarm should again go off.

2001....Are they easy enough to source s/h as i'd imagine they'll cost a fair few £ at the dealer....

That means there's a problem with the ultra sonic sensors. What year is it? There is a know issue with these for cars built around 2003-2004....

2001....Are they easy enough to source s/h as i'd imagine they'll cost a fair few £ at the dealer....

As Neily said, there were known problems with pre-facelift CTR- the one with a H&P alarm fob with one raise button and one indented button.

Mine was a Sept 02 and I had my alarm replaced by Honda.

Not sure how you can go about it but theres no harm in going to your local honda dealer and ask them about it since its a known problem.

HTH

If your alarm fob looks like this in this thread then its the known problem with the alarm.

The problem I was talking talking about is for the Honda alarm that was fitted from 2003, I had an issue with mine going off all the time and they replaced the sensors. Though this is irrelevent now as he's talking about an '01 car.....:lol:

Back