• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Catalytic Converter

Engine management light came on the dash so took it to a local mechanic who charged me £42 to tell my my cat is knackered. It passed the MOT 2 months ago so it can't be that badly gone but I would rather get it sorted soon.

They gave me a quote of £238 for the cat plus £85x2 for the Lambda sensors so with VAT and fitting I'm looking at the best part of £600.

A quick search on ebay has brought up some cheaper ones but I am a bit dubious on how good they are.

Cat Sensor

Anyone got any ideas on the best place to get a new cat from?

Chz

sounds like there not sure what is actually at fault here, usually you wont get a trouble code from the ECU specifically for the cat. Also it is unusual to have both sensors at fault as the pre cat sensor should be doing most of the computing leaving the post cat sensor to make small adjustments. Did they give you any trouble codes from the car or just tell you its knackered?

They said only one sensor was coming up as faulty but with the cat off it makes sense to change both sensors at the same time.

The cat does sound a little rattly but it's still doing it's job.

L3nny
Apologies for hijacking but did you get sorted, as my wife's ep3's engine light has just came on and the cat has been rattling for a while now. Arranging a code reader to check today but looking for ideas in preparation.

Back