• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ep3 civic type r with no service history

Hi all im looking at a civic type r at the moment. Only thing is that it has 70,000 miles and no service history. Im just looking for some advice on weather to stay clear of it or not. thanks

When I buy, service history is the most important thing.

Be very careful. It's may be worth saving a little more money and getting one with history.

HTH

There's about 47 million for sale so why consider one without service history? Find a better one, it's not like there's little choice.

You could get a premier for that price if you look around, with service history! Definitely a facelift with sub 70,000 miles.

Agreed, if you're gona spend you hard earned/saved cash on a ctr then get one that is 'on paper' sound.

There are many good ones out there usually taken care of with proof of service history, there are also many bad ones selling at the same price.

Have a good search before committing and a good one will last you for years problem free...ish.

if the price is right then it is worth considering. if a clean one with history is worth £4500, then the maximum you would want to pay is £3000-£3500.

remember you can check if it has been clocked since it's first MOT by using motinfo and checking the mileage recorded at the previous MOTs.

i'd steer clear if it was me service history is the most important thing when buying a car imo if the owner couldnt be bothered to keep all the service history receipts etc then what does that say about how he cared for the car but its up to you at the end of the day for your budget there are plenty of decent clean ones out there i just paid 3900 for mine and it has a mountain of history so its deffo worht shopping around

Back