• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 EP3 - codes P0141/P0325 No CEL

Hi guys,

owned a type r for a few weeks now and its been great however i noticed this morning that my check engine light does not come on when i turn the ignition and start up the car. in all my other cars ive owned it comes on then disappears after a few seconds on start up. is this normal? im guessing not due to the fact i put in my cheap eBay OBD2 scanner this morning to see if any codes where present due to the light not working and low and behold 2 codes...

P0141
P0325

i know P0141 is rear o2 sensor and P0325 is knock sensor which from ebay can be sorted at a reasonable cost given it is just the sensors coming to the end of their life (cars on 112k...)

my main concerns is the lack of CEL. these codes are supposed to throw CEL lights up arent they? well they do when looking at other forums about these codes. car runs fine i would never of known about the codes if i wasn't curious and got my code reader out.

any help in the right direction would be spot on.

thanks.

Hi guys,

owned a type r for a few weeks now and its been great however i noticed this morning that my check engine light does not come on when i turn the ignition and start up the car. in all my other cars ive owned it comes on then disappears after a few seconds on start up. is this normal? im guessing not due to the fact i put in my cheap eBay OBD2 scanner this morning to see if any codes where present due to the light not working and low and behold 2 codes...

P0141
P0325

i know P0141 is rear o2 sensor and P0325 is knock sensor which from ebay can be sorted at a reasonable cost given it is just the sensors coming to the end of their life (cars on 112k...)

my main concerns is the lack of CEL. these codes are supposed to throw CEL lights up arent they? well they do when looking at other forums about these codes. car runs fine i would never of known about the codes if i wasn't curious and got my code reader out.

any help in the right direction would be spot on.

thanks.

Sounds like previous owners have removed the EML Bulb
you can check that by removing the cluster
YouTube have that guide

thanks for the reply, its something ill check soon as i have some new dash bulbs on the way as it is. shame someone would do that and not just replace the sensors, if you resort to removing the bulb for some common sensor issues like an O2 sensor its making me believe its a recurring fault that a new sensor didnt fix. Hope the CAT isnt on its way out or something.

Does the light come on at all, like when you put the ignition on before starting the car?

With regards to the secondary o2 sensor, if it's been replaced on the cheap they don't last long at all, a week if you're lucky sometimes.

Don't buy an eBay special O2 sensor, get one from Honda or at least the proper Honda one from a reseller.

does this apply to the NGK/NTK brand ones as well? there going for about £70 which is quite cheap compared to honda

Yes, they don't last anywhere near as long, with some throwing the code again in a matter of weeks.

Back