• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 crash...

Crashed my car few days ago....

On a country road at night, 30mph took a tight turn car decided to skid out and it went onto a verge and a tree stopped it from going over and down onto the M25....

Very happy to be alive....

Had a mechanic come round and take a look at the car, he reckons it needs jigging but it will cost more than the value of the car, so he recommended me to strip and sell it....

What do you guys reckon from your experience?

I was hoping to keep this car for a while along with a people carrier for the family..

Thank you!!

Front.jpgCorner.jpg

Strip and sell.

Even better buy it back from your insurance and then strip and sell.

Glad your ok mate! As said, strip and sell you'll be better off that way. If you do I might be interested in a gearbox ;) good luck

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If you have the time and storage then I'd also say strip and sell. it could be put back on the road but like you say it's not very cost effective.
Depends how much you love the car. If it was a rare classis I'd restore it but I'd just buy a cheapo car for now, strip/sell and then save for something else.

Thanks guys for replying back...

Just waiting to find out from a friends garage if they can do anything, if not then looks like I will be stripping it down...

It is a shame though as was looking forward to keeping this car for a long time...

What loxy said.. Buy it back off insurance then strip and sell, don't know how it all works. But when my former boss done that with his old DB9 he made quite a bit of money out of it at the end. All depends on if you have the space etc I guess. I'd be interested in buying the engine, gearbox and loom if you do strip it.

Back