• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 CTR fuel gauge won't illuminate - not a blown bulb

As title really, fuel gauge has never illuminated since I owned the car

Changed the bulbs today (all 9 of them to red LEDs) - and still the same area of the cluster is dark. Basically the far right corner.

Any ideas on the fault?

Thanks

Thing is it didn't illuminate a standard bulb or an LED one, almost like the track to that holder is duff.

If I fitted clocks from another CTR would they show my correct mileage, or the mileage from that car?

this sounds silly but my rev gauge wasnt lighting up properly....until i gave it a wack ontop of the dash..

As title really, fuel gauge has never illuminated since I owned the car

Changed the bulbs today (all 9 of them to red LEDs) - and still the same area of the cluster is dark. Basically the far right corner.

Any ideas on the fault?

Thanks

Hello mate could I ask what LEDs you used please?
Also with your problem it could just not be sitting right on the board try give it a wiggle, clean contacts etc I always change the LEDs in my cars with no problem but had a Astra van with same issue as yours but after plenty of patience and faffing on it worked ;)
Mick

Back