• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 CTR surging after the engining is warm

Deeper Detail

Approved Trader
I hope someone can help me here..... Basically the car has being off the road for a number of months and when I got my ass in gear to get it MOT'd, I noticed that the car revved in a wave, from 1000-2000 rpms, up and down continuously on tick over. This is after the car is warmed up and the choke is no longer active.

Has anyone had this?

I have read a few things and discussed it with a mechanic friend and it points to the idle control valve, but I don't know which way to go with it...... I have took it for a long blast, as I read somewhere on the net that this sometimes sorts it out, but it hasn't.

I've priced it up from Honda and its £200+ and then vat, but my mechanic friend suggested me posting on here to see if anyone has encountered it before.....

Cheers in advance to any replies

Mike

Please have a good look at the forum.

This has been covered many many many times.

As Stoo has mentioned it has been covered a fair few times and common fon ep3's which have been left standing.

Search for ' IACV cleaning ' , you only need to take the throttle body out and gove it a good clean with loads of carb cleaner and cotton buds, and it should free it up nicely. I left my idle control soaked in a little tub overnight, it did the trick, broke all the dirt off and spins smoothly now.

Cheers for the replies. I was trawling through and found some, but thanks for the search advice. I'll do a search now

not much need to search lol, as i have told you what you need to do in the post above yours.:cool:

not much need to search lol, as i have told you what you need to do in the post above yours.:cool:

Thats true. With you telling me to do a search I thought maybe someone had done a little walk through or something, but thanks anyway. I'll hopefully sort it out on Monday and get her back on the road :rolleyes:

It is very very easy to do pal, you'l have no problem doing it. Wont cost you anything aswell, only a can of carb cleaner, so you will save the £260odd quid what you were quoted by honda.

Back