• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Dial Problem

hi, i am having a problem with my dials, or more the dial lights! there are two bulbs that aren't working which didnt worry me because i presumed the bulbs had blown, but just now i swapped a couple over so that it was easier so see the speedo until i got some new bulbs and found that the issue isn't the bulbs :confused: i have a photo here just so you can see the issue

100635EC-3921-463A-B8FE-42402454C99B-2411-000000CDCD5C170F_zpsef2ca274.jpg

it isn't the end of the world but its an annoyance on a night time when i can hardly see the speedo from 0 up to 60mph, now that the issue must be with the circuit bored on the dials is it a case of a straight swap with a new set or is the immobiliser linked with the cluster or what?

thanks, Callum

found a set of dials on eBay with very close mileage match, just need confirmed that they will be a straight swap before i go ahead and buy them

it's most likely the contacts are dirty if you've tested the bulbs. clean em up and try again. its not going to be anything major. at least i doubt it. no reason to change the whole cluster.

and if you want us to tell you if something is a like for like swap it would help if you told us what year car you have and where the new clocks were from. that said as far as im aware they're all the same across the lifetime of the model.

Back