• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Drivers side electric window failed

Hi all

I hope someone can give me some help. Closed my drivers side window today and as it was almost closed there was a clunk and the window went all the way back down and now does'nt work at all.

Fuses are ok and I can here a whirring noise when pressing the switch so the motor is running.

What is the problem? Window mechanism or a cable? Has anybody had the same and what was required?

Where is the best place to buy the required parts? Any idea of prices?
Lastly is getting the door card off easy enough?
Apologies for all the questions but any help is appreciated:D

If you search you'll find how to get the door card off. If you can hear a whirring, then the likelihood is the motor is still fine and the window runner mechanism will have come off the motor. Whether it is fixable or broken needing a part to fix, you'll only know once the door card is off.

Thanks for the reply mate. Been doing some research on removing the door panel.
Do you know if once inside the door I can manually close window and wedge it closed until I get it fixed properly?

If the mechanism is buggered and you can't get it back up, you can push the glass up and wedge it with a length of wood from the bottom of the glass to the bottom of the internal skin of the door as a short term thing to secure the car. I wouldn't drive anywhere like that though.

Secured the window in the up position today. Managed to put a crack in the door card due to missing a screw:(
So I need a new window regulator mechanism.
I was going to go aftermarket but think genuine Honda might be best except price wise.
Any ideas on best prices please and secondly how much labour time would it be to remove the old one and fit the new one?
The door card is already removed and I will re fit it myself.

Cheers.

Back