• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 engine/gearbox mount question

I've got the upper gearbox polybush inserts and fancy fitting them this weekend. Is there any reason not to fit these without fitting the engine mounts? I

Any reason you're fitting them? You will get more noise and cabin vibration which could lead to rattles and stuff (speaking from experience of harder engine mounts).

Imho if this is because the older one is worn/broken then replace it with a new OEM one.

I put the drivers upper mount insert in my Fn2 and it helped reduce wheel hop, thinking that just doing the gearbox mount might be OK for vibration rather than changing all the mounts

Perfectly fine to fit on its own. Any harshness felt will depend on if you have yellow or black series, yellow you'll hardly notice any more vibration with that insert alone.

Back