• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 / Evo 8 MR / E46 M3 / STI

:p My mrs bought more than us altogether (hello kitty junkie).
I wanted to buy tuning stuff for the car but was reluctant because i didnt do my homework on which model it was for.
Shame , but it was a nice experience. Tokyo has really grown on me, obviously the city life can be too much at times. But i do like the little streets and their life of living. Everyone has so much respect in everything and everyone.

I loved the place, can't wait to go back in all honesty. Glad you liked it, such a fantastic country:cool:

mini update
Took the car for its 45k service which involves the cambelt at Norris Design. Looked after my car really well and certain will take my car up there for my next service interval.
Also bought some minor goodies along with the car
Turbosmart Dual blow off valve
Vortex generator
Do Luck Carbon Lip
Goodridge Braided hose ( Had these on my old EP3, its a must ! )
Motul Brake fluid
Performance friction pads.

So far im really loving the look of the lip as it gives that final icing on the cake. Sets out to make it look more aggressive, just need to look out for speed humps and kerbs :(
Quite tempted to look at some carbon mirrors but overal im nearly done on the exterior look of the car. I dont want to overkill it with carbon and fancy skirtings.
Next thing on the list is to refurbish the rims and respray them black.

some piccys
Arrival at Norris Design car park
DSC03770.jpg

DSC03769.jpg

Minor mods
DSC03767.jpg

DSC03796.jpg

1-11.jpg

2-11.jpg

3-9.jpg

4-6.jpg

5-4.jpg

Re: Evo VIII 320 FQ MR : new pictures update Page 5

I do like the MR's in gunmetal. Looking good bud.

No updates. Thinking of just leaving the car as it is. Modding bug hasn't bitten mr so just use the money to save up. Just want to focus on maintaining it to the best I can.
Recently I've being thinking of selling up and go for either a csl or a fd2.

LOL, thats a bit of a gulf isnt it??

Dont fancy a S2000 do you :mrgreen: .
lol i know, but in someways my heart is still tugging me to the vtec direction. I know having ep / fn is out of the question, but aftering seeing an FD2 on the road it makes me want one. Purely because of its so rare and i know it will retain its value.

lol i know, but in someways my heart is still tugging me to the vtec direction. I know having ep / fn is out of the question, but aftering seeing an FD2 on the road it makes me want one. Purely because of its so rare and i know it will retain its value.

Plus, the running costs will be much lighter than a CSL/EVO.

But one thing I'm uncertain is the ride. The evo ride was alot more comfy compared to my old ep3.somehow I feel the fd2 will be similar to the ep3 :(
Running cost isn't so much of an issue as it will be purely a weekend car.

lol i know, but in some ways my heart is still tugging me to the vtec direction. I know having ep / fn is out of the question, but aftering seeing an FD2 on the road it makes me want one. Purely because of its so rare and i know it will retain its value.

John,

I drove an FD2 this morning for around 70 miles on a mixture of B roads and dual carriageways/Motorways from Newbury to Gloucestershire, I am astounded as to how good the FD2 is, the handling is immense and I am not just saying that.. it really is! Credit is of course due to the one I was driving having the AST coilover set up which is a much better set up than stock, it is also less 'crashy' :D.

It handled like the Evo tbh, no exaggeration. It lapped up sweeping bends and roundabouts, and gave me so much confidence when driving progressively through some twisties, no under-steer felt when powering out of bends.

The other big noticeable difference between the EP3 and the FD2 is the lower down torque, it seems to just pull and pull and the induction noise is quite pronounced..

As for the steering feel, you can actually feel where the steering is and which way it is pointing! we all know the EP3 can be a bit vague some time with the EPS system but this is not the case with the FD2.. Again another tick in the box.

Inside the cab it can be fairly noisy, and on the dual carriageways it is not the quietest of environments to be in, but at the same time it was not too overwhelming either I would say it was quieter than my EP3 is. I think it is safe to say it is a car you can't drive slowly in, I was often caught out with the speed I was doing.. :eek:

It is a very spacious machine too, plenty of room, controls are all easily accessible from the driving position, the gear changes are very slick too. One thing I did find weird at first was the dash (speed/revs display) but I got used to it pretty quick. :D

My advice would be to go and drive one, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.. :eek:

It has certainly got me thinking about my next car which will most certainly have four doors, but will it be VTAK or boost :? :)

Oh and the fuel gauge does not go down nearly as quick as an Evo's!

It was Drew's FD2 that I drove today and it was on 32000 miles, for anyone interested in buying one it will appear on the Litchfields website very soon it is an excellent car and has been looked after well, it has the added bonus of having the AST upgrade :smt023

I must admit I was fighting with my inner demons as I was very tempted to buy it from him.. but I do not want to be stuck with two cars! - Again I am glad I had this opportunity to experience the FD2 on a mixture of roads and can't thank Drew enough for that :smt023

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

That MR looks really nice and clean.

Love's it.

That 350z's "to fast for ya'll" :lol:

Thanks stu for your stirrup, very useful info. I think ** need to test drive both cars to see if they meet my needs.
The scary thing is IF i save a total of two years from today it will be possible of get a gtr. But the running cost on that thing will rape me lol

Thanks stu for your stirrup, very useful info. I think ** need to test drive both cars to see if they meet my needs.
The scary thing is IF i save a total of two years from today it will be possible of get a gtr. But the running cost on that thing will rape me lol

996 TT = £28K + DMS Remap / Boost Controller 500hp :) Happy Days.

GTR might be a great car but id sooner buy a Porsche / Ferrari over it.

Back