• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 Excessive Rear camber

Had the car tracking fully checked today on a 3D machine. All the settings are within limit apart from the rear camber. Running standard suspension and ride height. Would it be advisable to get rear adjustment arms and bring it back to around -1 negative camber instead of -2 . Had no wear on previous tyres after a year. Or is it worth getting front and back and doing the whole set up.

online photo sharing

is it worn camber arms on the back or control arms Causing this?

I wouldn't think wear would have anything to do with it really. Just massive factory tolerances... although -2 is quite extreme for a factory setting.

Best to get the lot done together, transforms the feel of the car. Best setting I got to was -1.4 on the front and -1.0 on the rear.

Not sure on why its so far out at the rear.

But I would definitly get the front done too, when its just a set of £20 bolts which are very easy to fit.

Then you can be assured your car is set up all right to FRSU specs :lol:

Cheers for input lads. Is the Toe angle the one that ruins tyres quicker. Car feels perfect handling wise never had an issue but i have front arms poly bushed and the anti roll bars.

I will have to invest in a set of camber adjusters now then. I'll have a shop around for the rears , fronts I'll buy the eibach £20 ones. rears either M2s , Tegiwas or similar. Don't trust the 70£ skunk 2 ones off eBay I'm certain there not real

I recently had mine done (On standard springs) and surprisingly I can feel a difference. Not sure what my camber settings were like before as the initial reading from the machine was after the arms etc were fitted but if I was to guess it would have been closer to 0 degrees one side and then more like -1.5-2 on the other. Fronts were close to 0 I think, so not quite as symmetrical as yours is. I just went for the base FRSU in the sticky thread.

If you are getting rear arms you may as well get the front bolts to, they are the much cheaper item of the 2. If you fit it all yourself it will save a bit of cash to, which is always good :).

Yea ill for them myself and give it ago. won't be adjusting to much by the sounds.
Half a degree more on the front and back the back off to -1 degrees

Rear camber arm bushes are probably worn causing the rear to gain camber. Other things such as tired springs will also increase negative camber as this happens when the ride height decreases on the rear.

Yea ride quality seems fine so I think there springs are ok , but arms are looking old now so be a good starting point

Back