• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 exhaust nightmare!

Afternoon everyone, im after some advice................
I decided to spend some well earned wages on some new shiny bits for my EP3 so i bought a japspeed manifold and a hi flow sports cat. Fitted them in work only to find that the 'custom chrome' center section and backbox that were fitted by the previous owner are now solid against the floor pan! After alot of bending mounting brackets and arsing around ive decided to bin the custom exhaust and get a new cat back system but i dont really want anymore noise! My previous motor was a de cated impreza and im sure its permanently damaged mine and my neighbors ears. Any suggestions on half decent cat back systems that wont break the bank (or my hearing) and restrict the car in anyway?
Any comments would be much appreciated :D Thanks!

Spoon bpipe with standard backbox, that's what am running with the japspeed manifold and it isn't that loud.

silenced supersprint b pipe to a spoon n1 back box
Afternoon everyone, im after some advice................

I decided to spend some well earned wages on some new shiny bits for my EP3 so i bought a japspeed manifold and a hi flow sports cat. Fitted them in work only to find that the 'custom chrome' center section and backbox that were fitted by the previous owner are now solid against the floor pan! After alot of bending mounting brackets and arsing around ive decided to bin the custom exhaust and get a new cat back system but i dont really want anymore noise! My previous motor was a de cated impreza and im sure its permanently damaged mine and my neighbors ears. Any suggestions on half decent cat back systems that wont break the bank (or my hearing) and restrict the car in anyway?
Any comments would be much appreciated :D Thanks!

I've heard that the piper one ain't too loud or you could go down the custom route.

If I want pops on down change etc will a manifold and decat do that ? I've heard a few lil pops from the unsilenced b pipe but want more ...

ive got a japspeed manifold and 100cpi sports cat and it hasent made a huge difference in sound, no backfires or pops

iv just put a dc sports manifold and spoon n1 cat back on and it's loud! not to my taste im already looking to swap the back box and put a sprts cat on. I would try and stay away from spoon if you don't want loud and raspy. although I think it might be the de cat making mine rasp more

it will to get the full bhp improvement. but the car I got them off was set up the same as mine with a printout of 220. think ** get an inlet manifold, tegiwa filter (cant afford gruppe m) and sports cat put on then map it, that's me done on to the look then. But like I said its loud mate

can you map the standard ECU?

a haven't seen anything on here to suggest you can. Think the only way is to get a hondata chip put in the ecu so you can map that, k-pro it is, you can control the v-tec aswel. going to take me a while to get ir done myself

Spoon n1 is loud but the spoon silenced bpipes are not that loud but yeah they are raspy. But i didn't want loud and was recommended the spoon bpipe and standard backox to go along with my japspeed 421.

Its a nice tone to it doesn't drone and it doesn't annoy the neighbours lol, i also got some good gains with it.

yea i heard you can controll the vtec but i dont know how because it works of oil pressure! probably just magic! any idea of costs for k pro?

Spoon n1 is loud but the spoon silenced bpipes are not that loud but yeah they are raspy. But i didn't want loud and was recommended the spoon bpipe and standard backox to go along with my japspeed 421.

Its a nice tone to it doesn't drone and it doesn't annoy the neighbours lol, i also got some good gains with it.

sounds good to me! the only other thing is, at some point in its life its had a twin pipe fitted (theres a cut out in the N/S/R bumper and a modified hanger. cant find one anywere on the web ***

I already have a dc sports manifold with de cat, it's very loud so im going to try quite it down by having a sports cat welded on. Can u get the piper sports cat on its own?
iv seen tegiwa one for a dc5 for cheap but don't know if it will work

Back