• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Facelift Alarm becoming a major issue.

Good Morning Guys,

So after an eventful morning of getting out of bed at 3am to have my neighbor knocking at my door, Opening the door to find a really angry man complaining about my car alarm and threatening to go the council (I can understand his frustration, But how do you think i feel :mad:).

So where do i start , Terminals have been cleaned on the battery that whole area was given a good clean and the issue stopped for a while.

2 weeks later away on holiday, Car alarm going off every 10 minutes so once again disconnecting the battery to stop this from happening. The next day i contacted where i bought the vehicle from and explained the situation (Still under warranty till 23rd May). It went to a Honda dealership and they replaced the Bonnet latch on the car.

So this morning i went outside to see my car once again blaring in the middle of the street, Re-shut all my doors , bonnet , boot and activated the central locking again. Before i had time to turn around the alarm started blaring. So i disconnected the battery to solve it, leaving my car unlocked all night (used the key to lock drivers side and manually locked passenger side door with the inside lock, Boot does not seem to lock without central locking).

This morning i reconnected the battery and locked my car and once again within 30 seconds the alarm started going off (I recorded this incident for some kind of proof to show Honda when it goes back and to company i bought it from).

The car is 2005 EP3 Facelift Milano Red.

Any suggestions would be great as i am running out of ideas of what it could be before accepting that it could be a expensive fix for the repair now or when it runs out of warranty and the coin will fall from my own pocket.

Thanks alot :)

I had the same thing on my FD2 and it turned out to be the drivers door lock mechanism.
Fitted a new one and never had a problem.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Also try pushing the unlock button on the fob 6 or 7 times to turn off the alarms ultra sonic setting.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I will try this,

Is their a fuse or something that i can remove? If not i am going to have to disconnect the battery everytime, therefore this leave me with with maunal locking and connecting/disconnecting everytime i use it (my boot boot lock with just the key, I dont know why).

Thanks for the response,

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Back