• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ep3 facelift eps steering

My steering feels like its really light then it will go back to being heavy again? I had the eps light come on once and i lost power steering. I have taken to honda once but they said it was fine they only drove it up the road and back ***.

Better as in quicker.

Let us know how you get on though. I wouldn't like the use of the term, "might." I'd want a cast iron diagnosis before they start chucking parts at it!

Yeah will do,they said they needed to keep it in over the weekend to make sure it was that. The steering has not felt right for a while before this happened it was either to light and recently got heavy. Hopefully i will find out tomorrow what the score is....the car has cost me a lot in parts already never had any problems before in my old ep3s.

a bad battery could cause this issue,get the battery tested,could be a cheap fix,if the battery is faulty it can become resistant to current flow,affecting the current the power steering needs,even though the car starts ok there could be an underlining problem,if that does check out ok,its most likely the the power steering unit ecu,or motor,connections,loose fuse,corroded wiring/connections.theres loads to check,and i doubt its the rack.

Back