• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 EP3 facelift headlight issue

Hi Guys,

I have a really weird issue with my car which is an ep3 type r facelift (04).

I brought it a week ago and didn't notice that the dipped beam wasn't working until I came to drive it at night a few days later. It had a H1 HID kit fitted to it which I have removed and replaced with the standard fitments(H1 bulbs). The lights work perfectly on the full beam but don't on low beam.

I have changed the fuse (number 2 under the bonnet).
I have changed the combination switch
I have also changed the light bulbs.

I'm not sure what else to check, does anyone have any idea of what it could be or what i should check for?

Just as a bit of an update on it. I have tried doing some electrical checks. There is no power going to the actual light fitment. but there is power going to the fuse socket.

Dipped headlights and main beam are separate bulbs in the facelift headlamps.

I would check the wiring where the HID kit had been as it may have been cut when the kit was being fitted?

Thanks for the replies guys. I have managed to sort it. i cleaned up the earthing on the car and it seemed to work after that. None of the wires were cut from the HID kit. but i've put it back to the standard lights now.

Back