• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Facelift Headlight Main Beam Issue

I bought a facelift conversion kit a little while back off of a forum member.
Fitted it all fine with no issues at the time.
The headlights came with some LED main beams fitted and some standard type bulbs spare.
When I tried fitting the standard bulbs they work fine but the main beam blue light comes up on the dashboard dimly.
Any ideas as to what is causing this?

Thanks

Is there a resistor fitted at all? Sounds like either a resistance or earthing fault. Can you get pics of the connectors and back of head light?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I've changed the connectors to the correct ones but still have the issue.
I have noticed though that main beam light goes off when you put dipped lights on, but when you got back to sidelights the light comes back. I'm guessing that there is some wiring issue as it seems like the mains are temporarily getting power from dipped.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Have you checked you have the right connectors where they should be on the relay? also check earth as above has mentioned. do you have the h4 connector with 2 wires going in either side? one for earth to hi beam and one for power to main beam, if so check they are in the proper sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try and get some photos on lunch of all the connections and check the points you have mentioned.

Few photo's of the connections etc.

I have noticed today that if I unplug the main beams then reconnect them, the dim main beam blue light on the dash doesnt come on until I have put on the dipped lights then turned them off

Can't really tell from the pics mate. I'd say trace every wire and make sure they're all in the right place. Where abouts are you?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I'm in Swindon. What I am going to try is a different bulb and see if that makes a difference as I noticed the new bulbs are 100w

Back