• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 facelift poor radio reception

Morning all,
Firstly, apologies if this has been posted before.

My CTR has poor radio reception and I think that there is something wrong as my old man has a Civic 1.6 on an 03 plate and his reception is much better than mine. :(

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The areal runs from the rear of the stereo to the roof. If you have a arial on the roof then it may not have a great connection on the stereo (corrosion) or vice verca. A new roof areal will make little to no difference.

Try removing the stereo from the car and cleaning up the arial connector. :)

You mentioned that it could be either on top of the roof of the back of the stereo so I was wondering what needed to be done on the roof end?
The stereo is standard by the way. Do these have seperate radio amps?

No, I was just saying they are the 2 areas where a problem can be apparent. If the areal is attached to the roof then it's more than likely to be on the rear of the stereo.

my ep3 never had a problem with radio, always clear, even able to pick a clear signal in rotherhithe tunnel.

def check the connectors at the back of your stereo and try trace as far as you can. Most likely corrosion somewhere on the cable, or you could swap your ariel with a friend and see if that makes any difference at all?

Thanks for your advice cracksta. My dad has always had Hondas and they've had great reception. I'll definitely check the connections mate. Good old rotherhithe. I haven't been through there in years. Only used it when the blackwall was out of action. My old motor sounded lovely in there!

Back