• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 front brakes

My front brakes on my EP3 squeak

Last weekend i took the pads + shims out and gave them a clean and copper greased them all up along with the calliper the pads are around 20 % worn so loads left. the discs have a very slight lip (about 0.5 mil) Any way i put them all back together took it down the road and all was fine, well for about 5 miles!! the brakes preform how they should just have a very annoying high pitch squeal under light braking. any one have any ideas what to do next?

Cheers tony

Yeah all the time, took them apart again today and noticed that the shims have flaking paint on them so im guessing this could be the problem! :)

Mine squeak sometimes under light braking, and I was told my pads were binding on the disks. I took them both apart and noticed one pad had worn loads more than the rest. I've changed all the pads, so i'm monitoring wear rates, but the squeaking is soooo annoying!

I have just got new brembo disks all round! got brembo pads for rear and getting the ds2500 pads for front as people rate them on here! am i going to regret the ds2500 pads?

DS2500 are a much better pad than any EBC pad i've tried.

Never really liked them to be honest! So going to try what's recommended. Got disks, brembo rear pads goodridge brake lines, 1L RBF brake fluid will fit all when i have front ds2500 pads.

Back