• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Front bumper

Will a front bumper from an 04-05 plate ep3 fit traight on my 53 plate ep3? i would ave fought so rite?!

Rather than changing the whole bumper, why don't you just add a Mugen splitter? It makes the front end look a bit meaner.

Before:

2008_03313ben0083.jpg

After:

2008_04135ben0009.jpg

Yes i was thinking that, but the main reason i wanted to know is because i need to respray my bumper and was thinking of getting the newer one with the fog light holes in it.
(That was hard work not using text speak!) :)

Yes i was thinking that, but the main reason i wanted to know is because i need to respray my bumper and was thinking of getting the newer one with the fog light holes in it.

Or you could just take the blaning plates out and put the fog lights on the prefacelift. Prefacelift foglight kits are a lot easier to come by as well.

(Text speak might be easier to type, but it certainly isn't easier to read for the majority.)

Was a damn site easier to read though! And you don't sound retarded. ;)

One thing to bare in mind with Honda body kits/parts is they come ready painted and can sometimes work out cheaper than a respray so it's worth a check.

Wheres the best place to get one from then?

Get one what? If you're after OEM Honda parts then Honda is the only place really if you want new. It's just worth checking the prices and comparing to what a body shop would quote for a respray....

hi guys just wondered if you have to remove the lower part of the front bumper when u want to fit a mugen style front splitter?

hi guys just wondered if you have to remove the lower part of the front bumper when u want to fit a mugen style front splitter?

Correct; the 'Lip' whether Pre-face, or Facelift, will require removal, and replacement with the replica Mugen Item.

It may be easier to remove the whole front end (Grille, Bumper and Lip) so that you can fit the lip, with ample room - rather than being restricted by fitting it whilst the rest of the front end is on the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or you could just take the blaning plates out and put the fog lights on the prefacelift. Prefacelift foglight kits are a lot easier to come by as well

Are these easy to come by? Also how do they work, as i currently have an 03 plate that only has rear fogs?

Can anyone tell me what the square pieces of trim in the front bumper (circled) are called, and where to get them? I am missing a couple and I've been searching the forum/ebay/google and I'm getting nowhere. A Honda P/N would be superb!

civictyper.JPG

I believe that comes with the bumper and not something you can buy seperatly. Keep looking on eBay/Gumtree IMO

Back