• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Front Door Speakers

Tried searching and google it , but ive come across a few different size and just need to know what size speaker sizes go in the front of an EP3 as i may be buying and fitting a set tomorrow.

Also, ive heard Vauxhall adapters fit ? i have a pair here :D

And one last question, are the stock speakers screwed in or riveted (like my old golf) ... just so i can prepare myself for the work involved tomorrow... thanks.

:)

Stock speakers are 6" but 6.5" after market speakers will fit. The standard speakers are clipped in and pretty easy to remove. Just push the clip at the top down with a screwdriver and pull the speaker forward from the top like in the picture.

CTRspeaker.jpg

I wouldn't bother with those, just cut the plugs off and crimp some connectors of your own on. Leave a bit of wire on the plugs so you can crimp connectors on to them as well & if you ever want to go back to standard speakers you can just plug them back in. If you are using an amp I would recommend using better speaker wire anyway.

dont cut them off.

you can just dismantle the plug and pull out the connectors. with a little squeezing they'll fit onto your new speakers without the need to butcher your wiring.

astra speaker adapters work perfectly for 6.5" speakers. or you can make mdf spacers. up to you.

you dont need adapters in the back but both will need drilling to mount them.

offer them up, mark the holes and use the smallest drillbit you have to just make a pilot hole, the self tapping screw will do the rest.

id suggest sound deadening the doors too whilst you're at it. makes a huge difference.

i've got pics of mine if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice, so the back speakers i can just take out and put my new (and i assume deeper) speakers in with no problem? i just need to put my new speakers in and drill the 4 holes and screw them in ?

ive just bought adaptors for the front that clip in like the standard ones, they come with the plug too so i can just plug my new speakers in without having to cut into wires (i like to do things the easy way!)

do the rear speakers come with a plug attached like the front too ?

also ive bought some pioneer coaxils for the front, what do you recommend for the rear ?

Back