• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 Gearbox problem

Hi folks i have a 2005 ep3 i have oil leak between where gearbox and the engine connect its like 2 drops. The gear box and clutch run fine no slips or gears getting stuck

What can it most likely be ? Thank you

if it's definitely coming from that joint then it could be the main/crank seal or bearing. That'll involve pulling the gearbox and probably the flywheel too just to check.

If you've had a clutch change recently then it could also be the drive shaft seals and it's leaking down from there. Clean the whole area really well and dry it, then leave it overnight and check again to see where it's coming from.

As long as you keep your oil topped up, it won't cause a huge issue.

I'd personally leave it until you need a clutch, or want an upgrade like an LSD or final drive fitting and get it done then, otherwise you're paying labour costs twice.

As long as you keep your oil topped up, it won't cause a huge issue.

I'd personally leave it until you need a clutch, or want an upgrade like an LSD or final drive fitting and get it done then, otherwise you're paying labour costs twice.

Thanks for the advise

Back