• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Headlight Woes

Evening folks, newbie here. I have signed up to get some insight and ask some questions on behalf of a mate who is usually too busy with work to get round to doing so.

He has an issue with his pre facelift EP3 at the moment, the issue being that his headlights don't work! The quarter lights work fine, as do the full beams but the normal dipped beams refuse to work. We have had a look at the fuses in the engine bay and they seem fine, also tried changing the bulbs but the problem still remains. Any suggestions or pointers as to what to look at next?

The only thing I can think of is this dodgy looking wiring behind the passengers side headlight -

FD3AD981-68F2-4168-A90F-53E12B2C14F2-11701-00000477552865BF.jpg

I'm not sure if the previous owner fitted an aftermarket HID kit but the lights are standard at the moment with the exception of the wiring above. There is a fuseholder in the pic and I tried replacing the blown fuse that was in there (10a) but that hasn't helped. Any ideas folks? :confused:

If you're sure the fuse is fine then I'd be getting a volt meter and finding where I've got some voltage

The fuse and the wiring make no sense to either of us. Given that I got a D in my GCSE electronics all those years ago I think its time for me to find a local auto electrician.

Back