• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 - Headlights

Hi all,

I'm in the process of getting my headlights replaced on my Facelift EP3 Type R, I see the genuine units are in excess of £320 for the set....or pattern units for £103 for the pair. I believe in buying Genuine Honda products but over £300 is mental, anyone give feedback of the pattern units?

I have thought about buying second hand ones but worry they will be condensate like my current ones, and also most have broken fixing brackets.

Thanks in advance,

L.

For me it's down to quality of fitment.
You could ask the buyer in advance if they can be returned should they not fit properly.

Don't know if you have replaced yet but euro car parts do 2 sets of headlight the one lot is 130 per unit and the others they do are 230 per light don't no if anyine has used them though but I was tempted

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/2001-2005-type-r-lighting-c-17_764_1025.html - genuine headlamps at about 142 per side, not a _huge_ saving, but I reckon it's worth knowing about.

I guess the other option is to remove them, random wet-sand (600, 2000 and 3000 grit) and UV clearcoat, but that can take a lot of effort (assuming that's the reason for replacement?)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Car-Head...store-Faded-Discoloured-Headlights/B0078IHJ1K (don't use the buffing/polishing compound, just the sanding system, then apply the UV clearcoat bought elsewhere)

(Turns out I don't read so well and missed the condensation reason, sorry...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine are definitely gone past sanding done it twice and polished they look very rough thanks for the link

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/2001-2005-type-r-lighting-c-17_764_1025.html - genuine headlamps at about 142 per side, not a _huge_ saving, but I reckon it's worth knowing about.

I guess the other option is to remove them, random wet-sand (600, 2000 and 3000 grit) and UV clearcoat, but that can take a lot of effort (assuming that's the reason for replacement?)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Car-Head...store-Faded-Discoloured-Headlights/B0078IHJ1K (don't use the buffing/polishing compound, just the sanding system, then apply the UV clearcoat bought elsewhere)

(Turns out I don't read so well and missed the condensation reason, sorry...)

Thanks for the link to the headlights, mine are pretty bad too, been polished before and has come back and making the car look untidy. I'm too lazy to put the effort in but I'll see what my detailing mate says before I look to replace.

Unless you do the UV clearcoat at the same time the scratches (and the yellowing) will follow pretty quickly behind. Many people do the sand/cut/polish which is fine for short-term prettiness, but no good for the long-haul because the sun's UV will cause the plastic exposed to the atmosphere to yellow.

You also have to be quite dedicated to getting the sanding even which is a lot of work. That's why I think something like that 3M kit is a good idea, use a cordless drill and don't run it too fast otherwise you'll overheat the plastic or scrub away too much.

Sure though, sometimes it's a good idea to cut your losses and buy new lights :D

I have had the exact same problem - faded EP3 headlights.

I purchased a replacement TYC headlight set off eBay for £100 a pair - good fit and quality item. Huge saving over OEM ones - no regrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased a replacement TYC headlight set off eBay for £100 a pair - good fit and quality item. Huge saving over OEM ones - no regrets.

Also good to know.

Any good and how long have you had them? someone on here said they bought these and kept having condensation inside the light

Any good and how long have you had them? someone on here said they bought these and kept having condensation inside the light

Yes - they're a good aftermarket replacement for a fraction of the cost of new OEM ones. A decent fit and so far so good with any condensation problems - especially with it being winter too.

Have you got the name of the company you bought them off just so there the same

KBA car lightings off Ebay is the one I used - pretty quick and good reviews. There are a number of companies selling the TYC headlights on eBay so you can take your pick.

Just to check but the headlights can be adjusted in the type r do motors come with these headlights or do you swap the motors over from the old onces

Just to check but the headlights can be adjusted in the type r do motors come with these headlights or do you swap the motors over from the old onces

Remove the motors from your old OEM Honda headlights into your new replacement headlights.

Back